Start a new topic

Marshmallow Updates

There has been a great deal of speculation over the last few months as to the "imminent" availability of an Android 6 release for the Virtue and Atrium product lines.  Is there any possibility of any kind of even preliminary, tentative timetable for this? Are FIGO phone owners just engaged in wishful thinking?

I bought mine from Amazon and even in the description it states the following.....

Unlocked No Contract GSM Dual Micro SIM US compatible smartphone with Android 5.1 Lollipop Upgradeable to 6.0. 5.5" HD display and Sharp Full Lamination with a 720x1280 resolution.MediaTek 6735 Quad Core 1.3 GHz Processor with arm with MALI-T720 GPU. 16GB Internal memory and 1GB RAM. 3.5 mm Audio Jack, FM Radio, MP3 Player, MP4 Player Micro SD Slot up to 64GB.13MP Main Camera with LED flash and 8MP Camera with LED flash. Supports Wi-FI, and GPS.4G LTE, (2/4/5/7/12/17), 4G HSPA+ (850/1900/2100/1700/AWS). GSM Quad band: US compatibility Nationwide on all GSM Networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket, MetroPCS, Straight Talk, Pure Talk USA, and others GSM Networks.

I would have not purchased it at all if it was not getting the 6.0 Marshmallow.. and my other phone already has 7.0 nougat....

Yes, but there is a vast gulf between "upgradeable" and "the upgrade is available for download ....."  Virtually ANY Android device is technically "upgradeable."  Personally, if Lollipop supported Miracast and OTG the way KitKat did there would be very little, aside from the adopted storage model, to even consider an upgrade, but I admit that many people probably do more and different things with their phones than I do, so my perspective is both selfish and limited.  I am otherwise rather pleased with the performance of the Atrium to date.  The point is that several folks (not just random people, but connected in some way with FIGO) have mentioned since about APRIL that the Marshmallow upgrade would be along in as little as 4 to 6 weeks, and as long as I am having fun, I hope the last 4 to 6 weeks of my life last as long as this is taking.  At least we are not waiting for serious bugs to be fixed !!!!

Then Amazon Should not state that in it ad.  Its called false advertisement.............

Unlocked No Contract GSM Dual Micro SIM US compatible smartphone with Android 5.1 Lollipop Upgradeable to 6.0. 5.5" HD display and Sharp Full Lamination with a 720x1280 resolution.MediaTek 6735 Quad Core 1.3 GHz Processor with arm with MALI-T720 GPU. 16GB Internal memory and 1GB RAM. 3.5 mm Audio Jack, FM Radio, MP3 Player, MP4 Player Micro SD Slot up to 64GB.13MP Main Camera with LED flash and 8MP Camera with LED flash. Supports Wi-FI, and GPS.4G LTE, (2/4/5/7/12/17), 4G HSPA+ (850/1900/2100/1700/AWS). GSM Quad band: US compatibility Nationwide on all GSM Networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket, MetroPCS, Straight Talk, Pure Talk USA, and others GSM Networks.

I certainly wouldn't go so far as to suggest false advertising.  I am certain the device is completely capable of being upgraded and assume that there are even plans to do so in the works.  It is more likely a question of organizational priorities and they will get around to it eventually. I just wish eventually were sooner rather than later. Besides, Amazon has (or apparently chooses to exercise) little if any direct control over what gets posted by vendors, although they have been known to pull listings that have been shown to be deserving of that dubious distinction in extreme cases.  Having suffered from other vendors' ruining perfectly workable phones due to "upgrades" that didn't quite get tested prior to release, I for one am willing to be a bit more patient about it.  I would rather wait a bit longer for an upgrade that will work properly, and most users probably don't care one way or another.  If an upgrade addresses issues I have with device performance I will install it.  Otherwise, why bother?  I belong to the "if it works, don't fix it" subset of the population. One of the very nice features of the Atrium is the rather generic implementation of Android that it comes with.  You don't have to waste time working around what some fool thought of as an "enhancement" to perfectly useful functionality.

but were is the donwload link :(

Don't expect any updates. I tried to follow their instructions for the update, now all I get is the Figo splash screen and when I try calling the support # or email.. I get no response. I opened a ticket here maybe to get a answer..

John,

Did you by any chance ever (try to) root the phone?  Hanging on boot is a typical symptom of the aftermath of applying an OTA update to a rooted device - not always, but it happens often enough.  In the alternative the device is often totally bricked but yours is not completely so since you at least make it to the splash screen.

You MIGHT be able to recover this one with only minor discomfort. The Atrium ROM and related software from the support section should return your phone to a factory-fresh state (which may not be the best thing if you didn't back up all the data first) but make sure you don't specify formatting or downloading, just do an update with phone off and battery removed - the USB port from your PC supplies the necessary power to the phone for this operation. 

FYI - if you never rooted it or never tried to, sometimes you just have to try to apply the update once more.  WHY it didn't take when done properly the first time, who knows?

Customer support is usually reasonable about response time - at least in my experience - so you might want to inquire or wait to hear from your ticket before trying anything mentioned here.

And while I don't expect an update in the immediate future, there appear to be a few new FIGO Marshmallow devices coming out very shortly, so I am cautiously optimistic about an update to the Atrium in the somewhat near term after that. It HAS to be easier to support multiple devices if they are all running the same Android version.  At least, that's how I would do things.

Good luck.

No root...I don't do that kind of stuff... please do not respond with technical help unless your with Figo support.. I've followed the steps multiple times but still stuck in a loop. This is not my first rom updating and Figo support lags extremely, They have serious issues and they need to step it up.. for only to be on 5.0 is seriously way behind... 90% of phones in the market today are at least 5.11 or 6.0. They are starting to be like Blu, Huawei and Moto.. They promise that the phones are ready to get Marshmallow both when you purchase them and when you finally contact support they state it as well but they give you an excuse of some sort.  

My apologies for offering suggestions. I don't typically play around with the phone I use for real, either, but once they are unessential there is much to be learned by controlled experiment.  However, my mistake and it shall not be repeated.  The Atrium, by the way, is an Android  5.1 device, not a 5.0, but in any event I wish you well and I sincerely hope you and FIGO customer support come to a mutually satisfactory resolution to your issue.  I must admit I've had rather satisfactory results from them, especially after the nightmare of an excuse for support from BLU Products.  Good Luck and best wishes.

I like Figo , but does Figo like Ike the users of there products?. An assurance of support and longevity of their products would gather a larger following for sure. It is in their best interest. Figo, are you interested in your future?

I will find out when I send my phone in if they just fix my broken one, replace it with a refurb or actually send me a functioning phone thats of quality for a power user.

Login or Signup to post a comment